Crisis Prevention Institute Workplace Violence Prevention Training Program: Verbal Intervention without disengagement skills
Dallas, TX US
July 29, 2022
Classroom course content: Use and application of prevention and verbal de-escalation strategies
- Scenarios: Verbal de-escalation skills practice and demonstration
- Length: 240 minutes
- 100% of the participants will demonstrate knowledge to recognize and manage crisis behaviors by passing the posttest with score above 80%
- 100% participants will demonstrate non-restrictive and/or restrictive interventions when an individual presents with crisis behaviors during the practice scenario activity (Simulation)
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
- Attend 100% of one session
- Pass test at the end of the session with a score of 80% or above
- You will have two attempts to pass the test
- Practice skills in a simulated environment
- Successfully demonstrate skills during the session
Nurses and other healthcare professionals.
If you have questions or comments please contact us at: ContinuingNursingEducation@UTSouthwestern.edu.
8200 Brookriver DriveRoom: LB01.109
Dallas, TX 75247
- 4.00 Contact Hour(s)UT Southwestern Medical Center is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.