Crisis Prevention Institute Workplace Violence Prevention Training Program: Verbal Intervention with disengagement skills
Classroom course content: Use and application of prevention and verbal de-escalation strategies; safety interventions (disengagement skills)
- Scenarios: Verbal de-escalation skills practice and demonstration; disengagement skills practice and demonstration
- Length: 420 minutes
- 100% of the participants will demonstrate knowledge to recognize and manage crisis behaviors by passing test with a score of 80% or above.
- 100% of the participants will demonstrate non-restrictive and/or restrictive interventions in a simulated practice environment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
- Post Test score of 80% or above
- Skill Scenario Practices
- Simulation Exercises
Nurses and other healthcare professionals.
If you have questions or comments please contact us at: ContinuingNursingEducation@UTSouthwestern.edu.
- 7.00 Contact Hour(s)UT Southwestern Medical Center is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.